3. Refer to the exhibit. When troubleshooting a network, it is important tointerpret the output of various router commands. On the basis of the exhibit, which three statements are true? (Choose three.)The missing information for Blank 1 is the command show ip route. The missing information for Blank 1 is the command debug ip route. The missing information for Blank 2 is the number 100. The missing information for Blank 2 is the number 120. The missing information for Blank 3 is the letter R. The missing information for Blank 3 is the letter C.
4. Refer to the exhibit. Packets destined to which two networks will require the router to perform a recursive lookup? (Choose two.) 10.0.0.0/8 18.104.22.168/16 22.214.171.124/16 172.16.40.0/24 192.168.1.0/24 192.168.2.0/24
5. When would the network administrator use the ip bandwidth-percent eigrp as-number percent command? when there is a low bandwidth connection when the connection is on a shared medium when the connection is serial instead of Ethernet when the link is always busy
6. Refer to the exhibit. Cost for each path are shown. If all routers are configured to use OSPF, what would be the path of a packet sent from Router C to Router D if Router A was down? C-B-E-D C-B-A-D C-F-E-D C-F-B-A-D C-F-E-A-D
7. What OSPF packet type is used to elect the designated router (DR) and backup designated router (BDR) on multiaccess networks? hello LSU LSR DBD LSAck
8. Refer to the exhibit. The hosts on the R1 LAN are unable to access the Internet. What is incorrectly configured? the IP address of the Fa0/0 interface at R1 the IP address of the S0/0/1 interface at R2 the IP address of the S0/0/0 interface at R1 the subnet mask of the S0/0/1 interface at R2
9. Refer to the exhibit. Which summarization should R1 use to advertise its networks to R2? 192.168.1.0/24 192.168.0.0/24 192.168.0.0/22 192.168.1.0/22
10. Refer to the exhibit. What are two of the routes added to the routing table of R1? (Choose two.) R 172.16.1.0/24 [120/1] via 192.168.3.0, 00:00:24, Serial0/0/0 R 192.168.1.0/24 [120/1] via 172.16.2.1, 00:00:24, Serial0/0/1 R 192.168.9.0/24 [120/1] via 172.16.1.2, 00:00:24, Serial0/0/0 R 192.168.100.0/24 [120/1] via 172.16.1.1, 00:00:24, Serial0/0/0 R 192.168.2.0/24 [120/1] via 172.16.1.2, 00:00:24, Serial0/0/0
11. A router boots and enters setup mode. What is the reason for this? The IOS image is corrupt. Cisco IOS is missing from flash memory. The configuration file is missing from NVRAM. The POST process has detected hardware failure.
12. Refer to the exhibit. A router learns a route to the 192.168.6.0 network, as shown in the output of the show ip rip database command. However, upon running the show ip route command, the network administrator sees that the router has installed a different route to the 192.168.6.0 network learned via EIGRP. What could be the reason for the missing RIP route? Compared to RIP, EIGRP has a lower administrative distance. Compared to EIGRP, RIP has a higher metric value for the route. Compared to RIP, the EIGRP route has fewer hops. Compared to RIP, EIGRP has a faster update timer.
13. All routers in a network are configured in a single OSPF area with the same priority value. No loopback interface has been set on any of the routers. Which secondary value will the routers use to determine the router ID? The highest MAC address among the active interfaces of the network will be used. There will be no router ID until a loopback interface is configured. The highest IP address among the active FastEthernet interfaces that are running OSPF will be used. The highest IP address among the active interfaces will be used.
14. Refer to the exhibit. Routers R1 and R2 are directly connected via their serial interfaces and are both running the EIGRP routing protocol. R1 and R2 can ping the directly connected serial interface of their neighbor, but they cannot form an EIGRP neighbor adjacency. What action should be taken to solve this problem? Enable the serial interfaces of both routers. Configure EIGRP to send periodic updates. Configure the same hello interval between the routers. Configure both routers with the same EIGRP process ID.
15. Refer to the exhibit. The interfaces of all routers are configured for OSPF area 0. R3 can ping R1, but the two routers are unable to establish a neighbor adjacency. What should the network administrator do to troubleshoot this problem? Check if the interfaces of the routers are enabled. Check the hello and dead intervals between the routers. Check the process ID of both routers. Check if CDP is enabled on all the routers.
16. Refer to the exhibit. The hosts that are connected to R2 are unable to ping the hosts that are connected to R1. How can this problem be resolved? Configure the router ID on both routers. Configure the R2 router interfaces for area 0. Configure a loopback interface on both routers. Configure the proper subnet masks on the router interfaces.
17. Refer to the exhibit. The command ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 S0/0/0 is run on router R2. What are the two results of this command? (Choose two.) A static route will be updated in the routing table. The traffic from the Internet will be directed to R2. The traffic from the source network 172.16.0.0/22 will be blocked. The route will be specified as the default route for all networks not defined in the routing table. All the broadcasts will be forwarded via the S0/0/0 interface of R2.
18. Refer to the exhibit. All routers are properly configured with default configurations and are running the OSPF routing protocol. The network is fully converged. A host on the 192.168.3.0/24 network is communicating with a host on the 192.168.2.0/24 network.Which path will be used to transmit the data? The data will be transmitted via R3-R2. The data will be transmitted via R3-R1-R2. The traffic will be load-balanced between two paths — one via R3-R2, and the other via R3-R1-R2. The data will be transmitted via R3-R2, and the other path via R3-R1-R2 will be retained as the backup path.
19. Refer to the exhibit. What is the meaning of the highlighted value 120? It is the metric that is calculated by the routing protocol. It is the value that is used by the DUAL algorithm to determine the bandwidth for the link. It is the administrative distance of the routing protocol. It is the hold-down time, measured in seconds, before the next update.
20. In a complex lab test environment, a router has discovered four paths to 192.168.1.0/24 via the use of the RIP routing process. Which route will be installed in the routing table after the discovery of all four paths? R 192.168.1.0/24 [120/3] via 192.168.110.1, 00:00:17, Serial0/1/0 R 192.168.1.0/24 [120/2] via 192.168.200.1, 00:00:17, Serial0/0/0 R 192.168.1.0/24 [120/1] via 192.168.100.1, 00:00:17, Serial0/0/1 R 192.168.1.0/24 [120/4] via 192.168.101.1, 00:00:17, Serial0/1/1
21. Refer to the exhibit. PC1 is unable to access the Internet. What is the cause of the problem? An incorrect IP address is configured between the two routers. No static route is configured on Router2. A routing loop has occurred. No routing protocol is configured on either of the two routers.
22. How does route poisoning prevent routing loops? New routing updates are ignored until the network has converged. Failed routes are advertised with a metric of infinity. A route is marked as unavailable when its Time to Live is exceeded. The unreachable route is cleared from the routing table after the invalid timer expires.
23. Which statement is true about the metrics used by routing protocols? A metric is a value used by a particular routing protocol to compare paths to remote networks. A common metric is used by all routing protocols. The metric with the highest value is installed in the routing table. The router may use only one parameter at a time to calculate the metric.
24. Which statement correctly describes a feature of RIP? RIP is a link-state routing protocol. RIP uses only one metric—hop count— for path selection. Advertised routes with hop counts greater than 10 are unreachable. Messages are broadcast every 10 seconds.
25. Refer to the exhibit. OSPF is used for the routing protocol and all interfaces are configured with the correct IP addresses and subnet masks. During testing, it is found that router R1 is unable to form an adjacency with R2. What is the cause of this problem? Both routers have been configured with incorrect router IDs. Both routers have been configured in different OSPF areas. Both routers have been configured with an incorrect network type. Both routers have been configured with different hello and dead intervals.
26. A network administrator is in charge of two separate networks that share a single building. What device will be required to connect the two networks and add a common connection to the Internet that can be shared? hub router access point Ethernet switch
27. Which network and mask combination requires the use of a classless addressing solution? 10.32.0.0/11 172.16.0.0/12 192.168.0.0/24 192.168.128.32/27
28. A company is using static routes that are configured with an administrative distance of “1” on all routers in the network. The network administrator decides to introduce a dynamic routing protocol to reduce the manual configurations for the static routes. Which option identifies the correct procedure for the dynamic routing to take place in the network? The static routes and the dynamic routes will have the traffic alternate between them. The static routes will be automatically removed once the dynamic routing is configured. The static routes will be automatically updated with the next hop IP address once the dynamic routing is configured. The static routes must be manually removed from all routers in order for the dynamic routes to be installed in the routing table.
29. Refer to the exhibit. Based on the partial output in the exhibit, why can users establish a console connection to this router without entering a password? The login command was not entered on the console line. The enable password should be an enable secret password. No username and password combination has been configured. Console connections cannot be configured to require users to provide passwords.
30. Refer to the exhibit. When a static IP address is being configured on the host, what address should be used for the default gateway? 10.1.1.1 10.1.1.2 172.16.1.1 192.168.1.1
31. Refer to the exhibit. The entire 192.168.1.0 network has been allocated to address hosts in the diagram. Utilizing VLSM with contiguous address blocks, which set of addresses and prefixes could be used to create an addressing solution with a minimum waste of IP addresses? Correct answer is image 4.
32. Refer to the exhibit. The network is configured for OSPF routing with default settings. The bandwidths have been configured correctly for each link. If the T1 link between router A and router E fails, what path will a packet from router A take to reach the LAN attached to router F when the network has converged? A, B, C, F A, B, C, E, F A, D, G, E, F A, D, G, H, F
33. Which candidate route has the longest match for a packet with a destination address of 10.30.16.48? 10.30.0.0/16 10.30.15.0/23 10.30.16.0/24 10.30.16.32/27 10.30.16.32/30
34. Refer to the exhibit. The network is configured with RIPv2. However, network administrators notice that communication cannot be successfully completed from one LAN to another. A network administrator issues the show ip route command on the HQ router. Based on the output, what should be done to correct the problem? Disable the load balancing feature of RIPv2. Issue the no auto-summary command for RIPv2. Replace RIPv2 with EIGRP which supports VLSM. Make sure that the network statements include the correct subnet mask.
35. Which multicast address does EIGRP use to send hello and updates packets? 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11
36. Refer to the exhibit. Why is the state of the serial0/0/0 interface administratively down? An IP address has not been configured on the interface. The WIC was installed into the incorrect slot on the router. The default encapsulation on the interface has been modified. The no shutdown command has not been executed on the interface.
37. Refer to the exhibit. How was the OSPF default gateway entry for R2 determined? Default routes are automatically injected by OSPF into all advertisements. A static default gateway route is defined in the configuration of R2. The default-information originate command is applied on R1. The ISP defines the gateway of last resort and automatically passes it to R1 and R2. The ip default-gateway command is applied on R2.
38. Refer to the exhibit. RIPv1 has been properly configured on all routers in the network. However, users on LAN2 have intermittent connectivity with the users on LAN1 and LAN3. What is the cause of the problem? Both LAN networks are separated from router R2 with a variably subnetted Class C network 18.104.22.168/30. Neither router R1 nor router R3 has a static route configured that points to the variably subnetted 172.16.0.0/24 networks. Both routers R1 and R3 are sending the summarized 172.16.0.0/16 network to R2 in their RIPv1 routing updates. Both networks 172.16.1.0/24 and 172.16.100.0/24 are configured with a subnet mask different from the default classful mask.
39. Which default EIGRP configuration must be modified to allow an EIGRP router to advertise subnets that are configured with VLSM? split horizon metric K values autosummarization hello and dead intervals
40. What is a successor for a destination network in an EIGRP network? the next hop on a backup route with the largest feasible distance to the destination the next hop on a backup route with the smallest feasible distance to the destination the next hop on the primary route with the largest feasible distance to the destination the next hop on the primary route with the smallest feasible distance to the destination
41. Refer to the exhibit. Which route will be removed from the routing table if manual EIGRP summarization is disabled on the Serial0/0/0 interface of Router3? 0.0.0.0/0 172.16.0.0/16 172.16.1.0/24 172.16.3.0/30
42. Which port can be used for initial router configuration? AUX vty 0 s0/0/0 console
43. Which two link-state routing protocol challenges does OSPF resolve through the election of a DR? (Choose two.) the extensive flooding of LSAs throughout the OSPF area the excessive adjacencies when the number of routers increases the requirement for link-state database updates to be propagated between OSPF areas the heavy CPU load that is imposed because each router must compute shortest paths by using the SPF algorithm the requirement for each router to build a topological database of the internetwork to determine the shortest paths between networks
44. A routing table shows an EIGRP route to 192.168.1.0/24 with a metric of 301440. What other term also describes this EIGRP metric value? feasible distance reported distance feasible successor feasibility condition
45. Refer to the exhibit. The network administrator has run the following command on R1. R1(config)# ip route 192.168.2.0 255.255.255.0 172.16.1.2 What is the result of running this command? Traffic for network 192.168.2.0 is forwarded to 172.16.1.2. This route is automatically propagated throughout the entire network. Traffic for all networks is forwarded to 172.16.1.2. The command invokes a dynamic routing protocol for 192.168.2.0.
46. Refer to the exhibit. What will happen if interface Serial0/0/1 goes down on Router1? The Dijkstra algorithm will calculate the feasible successor. DUAL will query neighbors for a route to network 192.168.1.0. Neighbor 172.16.3.2 will be promoted to the feasible successor. Traffic destined to the 192.168.1.0 network will be dropped immediately due to lack of a feasible successor.
47. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is accessing router R1 from the console port. Once the administrator is connected to the router, which password should the administrator enter at the R1> prompt to access the privileged EXEC mode? Cisco001 Cisco123 Cisco789 Cisco901
48. Refer to the exhibit. Which option will provide the configuration that is needed for router R1 to dynamically learn routes to the 192.168.100.16/28, 192.168.100.32/28, and 192.168.100.48/28 subnetworks? with static routes with a routed protocol with a routing protocol with directly connected routes
49. Refer to the exhibit. What will happen when the router reloads? It will boot into ROMMON mode. It will ignore the start-up configuration file. It will look for the start-up configuration file on the TFTP server. It will attempt to load the start-up configuration file that is stored in NVRAM.
50. On a router, which actions can be performed in user mode? perform password recovery make global configuration changes view status of various router functions make changes to a specified interface